Fire Extinguisher Suppliers and Installers tend to take Fire extinguishers as a one-size-fits-all proposition. However, fire extinguishers are not a one-size-fits-all proposition, because every facility has different challenges.
The classes of fire
- Class A fires – combustible materials: caused by flammable solids, such as wood, paper, and fabric
- Class B fires – flammable liquids: such as petrol, turpentine or paint
- Class C fires – flammable gases: like hydrogen, butane or methane
- Class D fires – combustible metals: chemicals such as magnesium, aluminum or potassium
- Electrical fires – electrical equipment: once the electrical item is removed, the fire changes class
- Class F fires – cooking oils:typically a chip-pan fire
Which fire extinguisher types are used for each class of fire? – quick guide
- Help ensure you have the right number and types of fire extinguishers to meet code requirements, or supplement other existing fire protection solution, all backed up by the best service and maintenance plan for you.
- Not just inspect your fire extinguishers, we also inspect the hazards they cover, using bar coding to make sure the right extinguishers stay in the right places.
- Track the lifecycle of your extinguishers, so you can rest assured they are always recharged, inspected and replaced when needed.
Shiramafiretex Breadth of Fire Extinguisher Solutions include
- Ability to equip your premises with extinguishers appropriate to the potential hazard
- Services that include routine, code-compliant preventive maintenance
- Fully-trained technicians available nationwide to regularly inspect your extinguishers and perform maintenance to ensure they’re in top working order
- Fire extinguisher training services at your facility, familiarizing your employees with hazards and the principles of extinguisher use involved in the initial stages of fire fighting
- Various classes of extinguishers offered (A, B, C, D, K) and agents (water, dry chemical, CO2, Purple K, Metal-X, FE36, etc.)
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Maintenance Programs