Water mist system is a fire protection system which uses very fine water sprays (i.e. water mist). The small water droplets allow the water mist to control, suppress or extinguish fires by:
- cooling both the flame and surrounding gases by evaporation
- displacing oxygen by evaporation
- attenuating radiant heat by the small droplets themselves
The effectiveness of a water mist system in fire suppression depends on its spray characteristics, which include the droplet size distribution, flux density and spray dynamics, with respect to the fire scenario, such as the shielding of the fuel, fire size and ventilation conditions.
The use of water mist fire suppression, when compared to the use of gaseous agents and traditional sprinkler systems, has revealed advantages such as:
- Immediate activation
- High efficiency in the suppression of a wide variety of fires
- Minimized water damage
- Environmentally sound characteristics
- No toxic problems
Why High Pressure Water Mist?
The NFPA 750 defines three pressure regions for water mist-generating technologies: low, intermediate and high pressure systems. However high pressure water mist consistently delivers:
- Better penetration into the seat of the fire
- Superior coverage of the protected volume
- An improved cooling effect from better mixing of gases and high evaporation rate
- Lower overall system weight
- Less water consumption
If you’re looking for a code-compliant and cost-effective Water Mist Suppression solution for your application, we’d like to help. We can tailor a solution that fits your needs, no matter your size, complexity or line of business. From new installation to retrofit, freestanding or integrated, we will configure your system specifically for its environment — with thought given to ease of expansion or future upgrade.
For a Water Mist System that inspires confidence, go with Shiramafiretex. You benefit from our integrated approach and flexible, scalable systems that can grow as your needs change
WATER MIST NOZZLES