Home automation is a method of controlling home appliances automatically for the convenience of users. This technology makes life easier for the user, and saves energy by utilizing devices according to strict requirements.
There are three main elements of a home automation system: sensors, controllers, and actuators.
- Sensors can monitor changes in daylight, temperature, or motion detection. Home automation systems can then adjust those settings (and more) to your preferences.
- Controllers refer to the devices — personal computers, tablets or smartphones — used to send and receive messages about the status of automated features in your home.
- Actuators may be light switches, motors, or motorized valves that control the actual mechanism, or function, of a home automation system. They are programmed to be activated by a remote command from a controller.
Controls can be as basic as dimming lights with a remote or as complex as setting up a network of items in the home that can be programmed using a main controller or even via cell phone from anywhere in the world.
A home automation system can involve switching off electrical appliances like air-conditioners or refrigerators when a desired temperature has been reached, then switching on again when the temperature has crossed a certain value. A home automation system can also be used to secure a house from burglars by sending alerts to the nearest police station and the homeowner in case a trespasser is sensed.
Apart from algorithmic automation, devices can be controlled by the user to suit personal requirements using direct buttons, cell phones, the internet, or infrared remotes. A network of appliances and sensors can interact with each other and make decisions for operation.
Home Automation can include:
- Security systems
- Access control
- Data networks
- Distributed audio
- Energy management
- Window covering controls
- Home cinema
- HVAC controls
- Lighting control
- Pool and spa systems
- Irrigation systems
- Structured wiring
- Telephones and communications
What features are available through home automation systems?
- Fire and carbon monoxide monitoring
- Remote lighting control
- Thermostat control
- Appliance control
- Home automation security systems and cameras
- Live video surveillance
- Alarm systems
- Real-time text and email alerts
- Digital personal assistant integration
- Keyless entry
- Voice-activated control
What are the benefits of home automation?
- Remote access: Control your home from mobile devices, including your laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Comfort: Use home automation to make your home a more comfortable, livable space. Preprogram your thermostat with your preferred settings so that your home is always at a comfortable temperature, set up smart speakers to play music when you get home from work, or adjust your lights to soften or brighten based on the time of day.
- Convenience: Program devices to turn on automatically at certain times, or access their settings remotely from anywhere with an Internet connection. When you don’t have to remember to lock the door behind you or switch off the lights, you can turn your attention to more important things.
- Increased safety: Smart fire detectors, carbon monoxide monitors, pressure sensors, and other home automation security features can help protect your home from disaster.
- Energy efficiency: Home automation allows you to be more mindful of your power usage. For example, you can save on energy bills by reducing the length of time that lights stay on, or by lowering temperatures when you leave a room.
Which System is the Best Option?
Whether stand-alone or part of an integrated security system, Shiramafiretex has the expertise and experience to design, install and maintain advanced Home Automation system that is reliable, flexible and survivable tailored for a wide range of applications
Our layered approach to Home Automation systems allows a number of different solutions to be brought together to form a comprehensive solution.
We’ll match your needs to the most effective technologies at affordable prices, employing resilient platforms and interactive operations to provide comprehensive solutions.
We’ll support your entire system lifecycle, including testing, inspection and preventive maintenance. .
Shiramafiretex as an expert installer of Home Automation Systems in Nigeria, we will source from among the best world leading brands of Intercom Security Systems and Equipment including the following: