A public address system (PA system) is an electronic sound amplification and distribution system with a microphone, amplifier and loudspeakers, used to address a large public, be it a campus, office, hospital, industrial sites, or an entire outdoor complex.
The term is also used for systems which may additionally have a mixing console, and amplifiers and loudspeakers suitable for music as well as speech, used to reinforce a sound source, such as recorded music or a person giving a speech or distributing the sound throughout a venue or building.
Public Address Systems consist of
- Input Sources-Primarily Microphones and pre-recorded music
- Pre–Amplifiers & Signal Routers-which determines the zones to which the audio is fed.
- Amplifiers-which magnify the audio signals to speaker line level.
- Distribution Amplifiers-used to distribute audio signals to various destinations (loudspeakers)
- Control Equipment or Monitors-which are used to monitor the amplifier and speaker line for faults before it reaches the loudspeakers and to separate zones. Monitors could be wired or wireless.
- Mixers-for Sound Systems. Mixer could be powered, unpowered analogue or Digital.
- Loudspeakers-used to convert electrical signals into sound.
Simple PA systems are often used in small venues such as school auditoriums, churches, and small bars. PA systems with many speakers are widely used to make announcements in public, institutional and commercial buildings and locations, such as schools, stadia and large passenger Bus Terminals, Train Stations and Airports.
Intercom systems, installed in many buildings, have both speakers throughout a building, and microphones in many rooms allowing the occupants to respond to announcements.
The fundamental challenge and pre-requisite for designing a satisfactory public address system is to be able to understand the acoustic environment and then translate it to the optimum sound loudness and clarity levels. This requires great experience and expertise.
Whether you want to use your Public Address system for routine announcements with background music or as a component of your emergency notification system or simply for sound reinforcement, Shiramafiretex has the expertise and experience to design, install and maintain advanced Public Address solution and systems that are reliable, flexible and survivable tailored for a wide range of applications that provide the following
Our layered approach to emergency communication allows a number of different solutions to be brought together to form a comprehensive solution.
Shiramafiretex as an expert installer of Public Address Systems in Nigeria will source from among the best world leading brands of Public Address Systems and Equipment including the following: